Operation of the e-compressor
1) Compressor: the e-compressor compresses gaseous refrigerant to high pressure and high temperature. The hot gas is then pumped to the condenser.
2) Condenser: in the condenser, the gaseous refrigerant is cooled and liquefied by the ambient air.
3) Expansion valve: the liquid refrigerant passes through an expansion valve where its pressure and temperature are reduced.
4) The largely liquid refrigerant flows through both the evaporator and chiller, where the evaporation process takes place.
4 a) Evaporator: heat is removed from the air passing through the evaporator and into the cabin, which is cooled.
4 b) Chiller: the refrigerant circuit and battery cooling circuit are connected via the chiller. This enables the transfer of heat from the battery coolant circuit to the refrigerant circuit.
5) The vaporized refrigerant returns to the e-compressor, and the cycle begins again.
*Simplified representation of the refrigerant circuit without heat pump function